Handling product returns is an ongoing challenge for home and home-improvement, with new considerations as e-commerce sales in the sector accelerate. We discuss seven measures that US home and home-improvement retailers use to manage their returns processes, including updates in light of increased e-commerce demand. We include examples from retailers including Home Depot, IKEA, Macy’s, Wayfair and Williams-Sonoma and innovators such as Position Imaging and Newmine.
Click here to read more about US home and home-improvement retail.
To read about US furniture and home furnishing e-commerce, click here.
- What’s the Story?
- Why It Matters
- Growing E-Commerce Sales Accentuate Returns Challenges
The Returns Challenge: In Detail
- Clearly Defined Return Policies
- Store Returns Services for Online Purchases
- Partnerships with Specialists
- “Returnless” Refunds
- Refund Now, Return Later Services
- Investment in AI, AR and VR
- Consolidating Return Shipments